Welcome to ADAPT!
ADAPT is a national grass-roots community that organizes disability rights activists to engage in nonviolent direct action, including civil disobedience, to assure the civil and human rights of people with disabilities to live in freedom.
Breaking News – Call to action to Save Medicaid!
We have begun the fight. ADAPT staged a die-in our nation’s capital. Americans watched in shock as disabled protesters were dragged away and silenced. These ADAPTers sent a powerful message, but Senate Republicans continue to press forward with their attack. Senate Republicans have made it clear that they intend to steal the independence of Disabled Americans before they leave Washington to celebrate the Fourth of July and their own freedom and independence. It is time for the entire Disability Community to TAKE ACTION across our nation and demand that Senate Republicans stop their war on the Disability Community. ADAPT, NCIL and others in the Disability Community are coordinating this effort. Read the complete details here.
- Thank You! – Save Medicaid Actions
- 2017 June 22nd – Press Release – Disability Advocates Protest Senate Leader Over Cuts to Medicaid for Elderly and Disabled Americans
- How To Save Medicaid Through Direct Action
- 2017 May 17th – Press Release – ADAPT on Capitol Hill promoting Disability Integration Act and defending Medicaid
- 2017 May 17th – Press Release – ADAPT thanks Representative Sensenbrenner for introducing Disability Integration Act